Monday, November 20, 2006

The POWER is YOURS

There are many things in this world that I can not change. I can not change the weather. I can not change the tragedies that seem to attack my life. Life’s trials and trouble will come my way.

However, I do have power. I have power to control my response. I can control my reaction to tragedy, trials and negative circumstances.

An elderly couple lived in a small Louisiana town. One night their pastor, that lived just a few blocks away, heard loud sirens and a great commotion. He looked out his window to see the terrible glow of a fire. He quickly dressed and went to the fire. To his dismay it was the home of this precious couple. He was struck with panic as the thought shot through his mind, “did they get out?” He frantically searched the crowd for their faces. Then he found them shaken but safe. There they stood facing the blaze with 70 years of memories and everything they possessed going up in flames. Here was Sister Edna with her hands lifted, tears streaming and a praise coming from her lips, “Thank you Jesus,” she cried. In her eyes she was not loosing everything but the Lord had saved her and her husband.

She had the power. In an instant she changed a tragedy into a worship service; bitterness into thankfulness.

Just as Sister Edna, we have the power. Choose Jesus; Choose Joy; Choose Peace; Choose Happiness; Choose Love; Choose Life…

…the Power to Choose is Yours!

Video Blog