Thursday, January 4, 2007

10 Things That God Requires

The following is a simple Bible Study that I taught several months ago. This is in outline form.

Deuteronomy 10:12
And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, 13 To keep the commandments of the LORD, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good? 14 Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the LORD's thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is.

1. Fear the Lord thy God
2.
Walk in all His Ways
3. Love Him
4. Serve Him
5. Keep His Commandments

Deuteronomy 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. 19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

6. Honor the Word of the Prophet

Ezekiel 20:40 For in mine holy mountain, in the mountain of the height of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, there shall all the house of Israel, all of them in the land, serve me: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the firstfruits of your oblations, with all your holy things.

7.
Offerings and First Fruits

Micah 6:7 Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? 8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

8.
Do Justly
9. Love Mercy
10. Walk Humbly

We desire to please God!

He requires of us certain things!

Obedience pleases God.

If we submit ourselves to Him and do His will we will receive the favor and blessing of the Lord.

The Blessings of Pleasing Him

God Will…

Keep Us (Exodus 15:26)

Up Hold Us (Psalm 37:24)

Give Long Life And Peace (Proverbs 3:2)

Never Leave You (Hebrews 13:5)

Comfort You (John 14:18)

Be a Wall of Protection (Jerimiah 15:20)

Multiply Your Efforts (Hebrews 6:14)

Give You a Crown of Life (Revelation 2:10)

Give You a Heavenly Home (Revelation 21:2)

Video Blog