Saturday, December 9, 2006

I'll Be Home...

Home...What a warm and fulfilling word.

Anyone can build a house. However, a home is another story. Homes take effort, patience, love, forgiveness, and careful planning to create. Home is a place of the familiar. It is a comfortable place. No matter how small and simple or how large and opulent the structure, there truly is no place like home.

I am blessed to have more than one home. Here in Richmond, Indiana my home is modest yet warm and inviting. When I walk through these doors there is a peaceful rest that settles over me. It is my sanctuary from the cares of life. I can let down my defenses without fear. I can sprawl by the fire, read in my chair, cuddle with my children and hold my lovely wife. aaaaahhhh...home! Thank you Lord!

I have another home. It is 1000 miles away. I will go back there for Christmas. I still have a key to the back door, and "back door guest are best." When I walk in there I am home again. My room has been transformed into a "guest" room but I do not feel like a guest. As I enter, I get that same "at home" feeling that I get when I walk into my own home. Peace, acceptance, and love overshadow me. It is a familiar place. I raid the refrigerator and the pantry. I sample the culinary delights before they are quite ready for the table. I kid my sweet mother about not burning the bread, again. aaaaahhh...home! Thank you Lord.

I have yet another home. This home I have never been to. I have never had the pleasure of entering through it's gates. I have felt it's draw. I have sensed it's atmosphere. I have smelled it's sweet aroma. Heaven! Though, I have never been there, somehow, I know that when I enter in there that it will not feel foreign to me.

It will be like coming home. Even with all the glorious sites to see and it's unimaginable beauty, it will be a familiar place...I'll be home! My defenses will fall. My fears released. Peace, acceptance, and love will fold around me. My spirit will confirm that this is the place that I have always longed to be. aaaaahhh...home...finally! Praise the Lord!

During this time of year when we go back home for the holidays...let us remember that "this world is not our home...we're just-a-passin through."

Keeping Heaven in view! aaaaahhhh...home!

Video Blog